Dr. Robert P. Uteg is certified by the American Board of Neurosurgery and is a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons. Dr. Uteg became the fourth board certified neurosurgeon to be added to the staff of The Bonati Spine Institute. As to why he chose to join the staff of The Bonati Spine Institute, Dr. Uteg stated that: “My professional interest in minimally-invasive spine surgery tells me that The Bonati Spine Institute is, without a doubt, the premier advanced spine surgery center in the world. There is no other center with this experience and this sustained record of excellent results.”
- Residency, Neurological Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI.
- M.D., University of Illinois College of Medicine, Rockford, IL.
- B.A. Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- American Board of Neurosurgery, 1992
- Minimally-invasive lumbar disc surgery
- Malignant brain tumors
- Locum tenens, Southern Neuro and Spine Institute, Hattiesburg, MS, 2008
- St. Dominic Neurosurgical Associates, Jackson, MS, 2004 – 2007
- Jackson Neurosurgery Clinic, 2004
- Private practice, Nashville, TN, 2001 – 2003
- Winfield Neurosurgical Consultants, Carol Stream, IL, 1990 – 2000
- Neurological Surgery, Chico, CA, 1988 – 1990
- American Board of Neurological Surgeons, 2009
- American Board of Neurological Surgery, 2009
- Sentara Leigh memorial Hospital, Norfolk, VA